Thursday, November 27, 2008

Can't Complain

How are you Susie? Aw...can't complain....

How many times do you hear that? I hear it plenty and I say it myself on occassion. Who ever made that up needs a slap in the face because you know what...you CAN complain. I hate it when people minimize your pain by pointing out that other people have it worse than you. Not only are you not being supportive, now you're just making me feel like shit for feeling like shit! Sure I'm having a hard time buying groceries but shit I could be homeless...I guess that could make me feel better but guess what? Been there, done that.

Be a friend, recognize my pain and help me through it...don't think that by comparing me to someone else's pain will make me feel better about my own.

Its good to let it out, its good to feel like you can talk to someone about your problems, about your struggles...about your pain. But remember ONE thing: Return the favor. Just as there are people to hear you out, don't forget to help them in their time of need. We all need good friends, few...and rare.

Sure there are people who all they do is complain...in that case all you can do is RUNAWAY! I'm joking. Complainers can bring negative charges in their lives as well as spill it along to others that they complain to. You can't help people who don't help themselves...you have to tread around them carefully...let them know they have to finally take control of what ailes them or they'll just drown in their own misery and end up alone.

When someone tells me they can't complain, I always say: Yes you can.
Every once in a while its healthy and then realize that things will get better.

Bad energy out...good energy in ;)

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

I always say...I'm not complaining, I'm explaining. And yes, you have a right to feel bad and complain about a bad situation. When my dad died I hated hearing, "Oh he's in heaven, he's not in anymore pain, be thankful you had such a wonderful father, etc." But you know what? I wanted to shout to everyone that I missed my dad regardless of how thankful I was he was out of pain, it still hurt and I wanted to be able to grieve and not have to bury the pain. Good post...hope you had a great Thanksgiving!