Monday, December 27, 2010

My Thoughts Expanded

I kept thinking about what I wrote in my last blog Losing My Religion. I wrote it fairly quickly so I feel a lot of it is rushed through but I sincerely feel that way. Maybe it's just the science in me...I don't know. When someone says: God made it that way... it makes me think; what if he really did? I have faith, don't get me wrong, I do. I believe there are things that cannot be explained, the feelings that spirituality brings into your life and that some souls can wander aimlessly not knowing they are dead...YES, I do believe.

I don't think you can have it both ways...God makes and then destroys... He's great and he's bad? I was, in a way, taught to fear HIM. I was told that if I didn't go to church he would punish me. I'm sure that wasn't the case...although now that I think about it, did she mean like I'll go to hell when I die if I don't go to church? Ouch mom... I joke. But I know that she just wanted me to go to church and so I did, for many years. I did the retreats, the church plays, choir, the youth groups and I even taught religious instructions...yes, ME...I was a teacher at the age of 16. I did it all and now here I am... churchless but still a believer in a power no one can describe and no one will ever be able to comprehend. I don't believe any man on earth can explain exactly what God can or cannot do... so this is where faith steps in... we need it for hope, to uplift, sometimes to help us understand why things happen, why a loved one has been taken from us....

Let me scratch that last statement... You CAN have it both ways... the good and the evil and you know why? Because everything on this earth needs to have a balance... one cannot survive without the other... think about it and you tell me if that's not true. Everything has a purpose, a meaning, whether we know of it or not... and for this, I find life incredible... right down to the structuring of our DNA, our bodies...our brain.

I don't knock anyone of their religious beliefs... I just don't believe you should put them on others unless it is asked of you. Wars have been fought over religion....the main thing that is supposed to keep us sane and humble, kind to others and compassionate....

God is my Zeus... an untouchable...

Like I said... something like faith and religion is unexplainable. I can only express my opinion on my feelings, what I see, read, hear... What is GOD to me? That's another blog, at another time....

No comments: